2009/04/11

Preparations for AERA

I am spending the last few days at home before I leave for the AERA conference in San Diego. This is the first time I go to this conference, and I am really looking forward to it! 


I am going to present on Tuesday, April 14, in a symposium session called: Adapting and using U.S. measures of Mathematical Knowledge for Teaching in other countries: Lessons and challenges. The session will take place in the San Diego Marriott Hotel & Marina, the Santa Rosa room,  between 10:35am and 12:05pm. I am presenting on behalf of my research group at the University of Stavanger, Norway. Our paper is ready, and the presentation is also more or less finished. I will post them both here my blog on Tuesday. 

Preparing for the AERA, I was just reading a post by fellow blogger and twitterer, Bud Talbot, about his preparations for the conference. I think Bud is making some interesting points about the "game" of attending conferences, making presentations etc. Worth reading!

Hopefully, I will be able to cover the conference quite well through this blog and my twitter account

0 comments: